NorthCap University was found in 1996, to promote excellence in Technical and Management education by Educate India Society, registered under the Registration of Societies Act of 1860.
The University was conceived as Institute of Technology and Management in response to the acute deficiency of centres of higher learning in the country as also, the need to develop relevant human capital to meet the technology and management challenges of the 21st century.
The founders had a clear and well defined mission – to build an unaided, self – financed University committed to delivering education of internationally recognized standards, a University that would go on to serve as an intellectual resource base in India and the sub-continent.
‘Our aim from the beginning has been to make this University the most eminent in the country, in order to draw to it the youth of every State‘
The Institute gained the status of private university in the Academic Year 2009-10, and was renamed ITM University under section 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956 and PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES ACT NO 25 OF 2009, Government of Haryana. Subsequently the University has been re branded as The NorthCap University in August 2015. Committed to making a profound and lasting contribution to society, NCU recognize its exalted role of creating ‘Educated Citizens’ – citizens with a powerful sense of fairness, a profound belief in democratic ideals and a willingness to celebrate talent of many kinds. For the founders, this goal is rich with meaning.
NorthCap University Courses
B.Tech Degree (4 years)
NorthCap University B.tech Eligibility
- 10+2 (English Medium) examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination from a recognized board in Science stream with an overall aggregate of minimum 60%.
- In case adequate studentsare not available in a discipline(s) a higher number can be filled in the discipline(s) which have a greater demand subject to the number of students not exceeding the total intake of all disciplines.
- 15% intake in each discipline will be allocation for Children/Wards of NRI/International students.
NorthCap University M.tech Eligibility
- Applicant must have obtained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in the relevant qualifying degree. Alternatively, his/her minimum CGPA must be 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent in BE/BTech/AMIE in relevant discipline or MCA or MSc (Computer Science, IT, Electronics, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics.).
- The minimum no. of seats ineach degree / specialisation cannot be less than 10.
- M.Tech Full Time: The duration of a full time M.Tech degree is 2 years covering 4 semesters.
BSc Maths (Hons.)
NorthCap University Eligibility
- Minimum 55% marks in best four subjects (with English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects) at the 10+2 level from any recognize Boardwith atleast 55% marksin Mathematics.
- Physical education will not be counte amongst best four subjects.
- MSc Mathematics
- Minimum 55% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in the aggregate in BSc or equivalent degree (with compulsory 3 papers of Mathematics in annual system or atleast 4 papers of Mathematics in semester system).
NorthCap University School of Management
BBA (3 years)
BCom (Hons.) (3 years)
NorthCap University Management course Eligibility
- Minimum 55% marks in aggregate best four subjects (with English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects) at the 10+2 level with at least 50% marks in Mathematics, Physical education will not be count amongst best four subjects.
- 15% of intake will be allocation for Children / Wards of NRI / International Students.
MBA (FULL TIME) (2 years)
NorthCap University MBA course Eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA. Candidate is require to appear in any of the following entrance tests CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ NMET * (Scores of MAT/CMAT will be count from Sept 2016- May 2017).
- 15% of intake will be allocation for Children / Ward of NRI / International Students.
NorthCap University School of LAW
BBA – LLB Hons. – 5 years
NorthCap University BBA – LLB course Eligibility
- 10+2 examination (English Medium) by CBSE or equivalent with minimum overall aggregate of 55% and minimum 50% marks in English. Additionally, candidate should have appear for CLAT/LSAT/AILET /NCU-LET in 2016.
- 15% of intake will be allocate for Children / Wards of NRI / International Students.
LLM (1 yr. – 2 semesters)
NorthCap University LLM course Eligibility
- Must have passe LL.B degree award by any University recognized by UGC and BCI.