An MBA in Organizational Behavior equips individuals with the knowledge and Also skills to understand, lead, and manage people and organizations effectively, making it a valuable qualification for those interested in HR, leadership, and management roles in various industries. This field of study combines principles of psychology, sociology, management, and Also leadership to help individuals gain insights into how people behave in the workplace, how organizations function, and Also how to improve overall organizational effectiveness.
MBA Organization Behaviour in India
Scope in MBA Organization Behaviour
The scope of an MBA in Organizational Behavior in India is promising, as organizations across various sectors are increasingly recognizing the importance of understanding human behavior and Also organizational dynamics to improve productivity, employee satisfaction, and Also overall performance.
Growing Demand for HR Professionals:
Human resources management is a critical function within organizations. HR professionals who have a strong foundation in organizational behavior are in high demand. They play key roles in talent acquisition, employee engagement, performance management, and Also organizational development.
Many consulting firms in India specialize in organizational development and Also change management. Graduates with expertise in organizational behavior can work as consultants, helping companies navigate through organizational challenges and Also improve their operations.
Corporate Training and Development:
Companies often invest in employee training and Also development programs to enhance skills and competencies. Graduates with an MBA in Organizational Behavior can design and Also deliver training programs, helping organizations build a skilled and Also motivated workforce.
Research and Academia:
Some graduates choose to pursue careers in research or academia. They can become professors, researchers, or educators, contributing to the academic field of organizational behavior.
Many multinational companies operating in India value employees with a strong understanding of organizational behavior, as it helps in managing diverse and multicultural teams. This specialization can open doors to international career opportunities.
: India’s start-up ecosystem is thriving, and many start-ups are looking to build a strong organizational culture from the ground up. MBA graduates with expertise in organizational behavior can help start-ups establish positive workplace environments and structures.
Types of MBA Organization Behaviour Study Options
There are several modes to Study MBA for an Aspiring Candidate. The Following are the Types of MBA in Organization Behaviour Options Available.
Features: Full-time MBA programs are intensive and immersive, hence providing a comprehensive curriculum. Students attend classes on campus, participate in group projects, and Also often have access to internships also. This mode is suitable for individuals looking for a traditional MBA experience basically without the constraints of a job.
Eligibility: 50% marks in graduation basically from Recognize University along with valid Entrance Exam.
Duration: 2 Years.
Fee Structure: Rs 2.0 Lacs – 18 Lacs.
Features: Part-time MBA programs are for working professionals. Classes are often scheduled during the evenings or on weekends, allowing students to continue working while pursuing their Masters degree. This mode is ideal for those who want to balance work, life, and Also education as a result.
Eligibility: Basically a Graduate along with Minimum 2-3 years work experience.
Duration: 2-3 Years.
Fee Structure: Rs 2.5 Lacs – 8 Lacs.
Executive MBA (EMBA)
Features: EMBA programs are tailored particularly for experienced professionals, usually with a minimum number of years of work experience (varies by program). Classes are usually on weekends or in intensive modules, allowing executives to continue their careers while enhancing their leadership and managerial skills. EMBA programs often emphasize real-world applications and Also case studies.
Eligibility: Graduate with Basically Minimum 2-3 years work experience.
Duration: 1-2 Years.
Fee Structure: Rs 3.5 Lacs – 10 Lacs.
Distance Learning MBA
Features: Distance learning MBA programs are basically off campus Studies. Hence provide course materials to students, who study independently. All Communication with instructors and Also peers is primarily through mail, email, or online forums. Additionally Examinations are conducted at designated centers. Therefore, this mode is suitable for individuals who require complete flexibility and cannot attend regular classes.
Eligibility: Basically a Graduate from any Discipline from an UGC Approved University.
Duration: 2-3 Years.
Fee Structure: Rs 1.0 Lacs – 3.0 Lacs
Dual MBA Programs
Features: Dual MBA programs allow students to earn two degrees simultaneously, often in collaboration with international universities. Having Credit transfer facility in 2nd year in choice of University Abroad. Also in different disciplines such as MBA/MS or MBA/MPH or PGDM/MBA. Hence these programs are more specialized and can provide a broader skill set along with Practical Exposure.
Eligibility: 50% marks in graduation basically from a Recognize University along with valid Entrance Exam.
Duration: 2 Years.
Fee Structure: Rs 10. Lacs – 30 Lacs.
Features: Online MBA programs are entirely taught over the internet. However, students can access lectures, assignments, and resources remotely, allowing for a flexible study schedule. This mode is suitable for individuals who require the flexibility to study from anywhere, often while working full-time or managing other commitments.
Eligibility: Graduate basically from Any Recognize University.
Duration: Minimum 2 years, Maximum 4 years from the date of registration.
Fee Structure: Rs 1.0 Lacs – 2.5 Lacs
Features: Accelerated MBA programs are also known as fast-track or one-year MBA programs. Moreover these programs are highly intensive, condensing the traditional two-year curriculum into a shorter timeframe. Hence. These programs are demanding and require full-time commitment, making them suitable for individuals who want to complete their MBA quickly. Also the students in accelerated MBA programs typically take a heavier course load each semester and may have limited breaks between terms.
Eligibility: Basically a Graduate along with Minimum 2-3 years work experience
Duration: 1 year.
Fee Structure: Rs 2.0 Lacs – 8 Lacs.
MBA Organization Behaviour Eligibility in India
The following are the basic eligibility criteria for Securing admissions to the MBA Organization Behaviour course are:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Applicant require to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognize university or college from Either India or Abroad.
- Minimum Percentage: Many institutions require a minimum of 50 percentage or grade point average (GPA)equivalent in the undergraduate degree. The specific percentage or GPA requirement varies among institutions along with other Cut off Parameters.
- CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA/CUET: Most MBA programs in India require candidates to Either take one of the national-level management entrance exams or State level Entrance, National levels such as CAT (Common Admission Test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test), or CMAT (Common Management Admission Test). State level such as PGCET, MHCET, IPCET. Hence, different institutions may accept different exams, Also most of all Colleges have different Cutoff for Admission in MBA Organization Behaviour.
- Minimum Percentile/Score: Basically the Institutions usually have a minimum percentile or score Cut off requirement in these entrance exams for candidates to be eligible for admission. The minimum percentile/score varies by institution and can be different for each category of students also (General, SC/ST/OBC, etc.).
Work Experience (Varies):
- Some MBA programs may require work experience: While many MBA programs accept fresh graduates, some institutes, especially for executive MBA programs, Therefore require a minimum number of years of work experience, often ranging from 1 to 5 years.
- Indian institutions follow the government’s reservation policy, which includes quotas for different Category Students. Such as Schedule-Castes (SC/ST), Other Backward-Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), and other categories. Although Candidates belonging to these categories Usually have specific relaxations in eligibility criteria also. Minimum 5% Relaxation in Graduation percentage and varied Entrance Exam Cutoff are usually Given depending upon the Institute.
Personal Interview and Group Discussion:
- Most of all institutions conduct stringent personal interviews and/or group discussions as part of the selection process. Therefore, the performance in these sessions is often considered while making final admission decisions by the Institute Admission Panel.
Statement of Purpose (SOP) or Essays:
SOP or Essays: Many a Times Applicants are often require to write a Statement of Purpose (SOP) or essays. Hence Explaining their motivation for pursuing an MBA, career goals, and why they are interested in the specific MBA program they are applying to.
List of Top MBA Colleges in India for MBA Organization Behaviour
India is home to several prestigious MBA colleges that offer specialize programs in Organization Behaviour. However, the ranking of these colleges can vary on different surveys and criteria. so it’s always a good idea to research and consider multiple sources before making a decision. Following are some of the top MBA colleges in India known for their Organization Behaviour programs:
- University of Delhi
- Om Group of Institutions
- IIM Udaipur – Indian Institute of Management Udaipur
- Lucknow University – University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay
MBA Organization Behaviour Entrance Exams
In India, several national and state-level MBA entrance exams are conducted for admission to MBA programs, including for MBA in Organization Behaviour. Therefore these exams are widely accepted by various business schools across the country (India). Following are some of the prominent Mandatory MBA entrance exams in India:
National Level MBA Entrance Exams:
- Common Admission Test (CAT):
- Conducted by: Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs).
- CAT is basically one of the most popular and competitive MBA entrance exams in India, accepted by numerous top-tier business schools.
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT):
- Conducted by: All India Management Association (AIMA).
- MAT is conducted four times a year and is also accepted by a wide range of management institutes across India.
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT):
- Conducted by: XLRI Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur.
- XAT is also accepted by more than 150 B-schools in India and is known for its rigorous examination pattern.
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT):
- Conducted basically by: National Testing Agency (NTA).
- CMAT is accepted specifically by AICTE-approved institutions and universities across India. Whereas, MBA institutes of national importance in India does not accept CMAT Scores.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Conducted by: Graduate Management Aptitude Council (GMAC).
- In India, more than 400+ business schools offering MBA/PGDM accept GMAT results. Subsequently, these include the Most prominent B Schools like the Indian School of Business, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, and the Institute of Management Technology (IMT), among others.
- Common University Entrance Test (CUET)
- Conducted by: National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The CUET exam scores are accepted by around 197 CUET PG participating universities for admission to different postgraduate programs including MBA.
- Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)
- Conducted basically by: Graduate Management Aptitude Council (GMAC).
- NMAT exam results are accepted by some of the leading MBA universities for flagship and specialized programs because it is an independent and reputable exam.
State-Level MBA Entrance Exams:
- MAH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test):
- Conducted basically by: State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra.
- MAH CET is the entrance exam for various management institutes in Maharashtra.
- TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test):
- Conducted basically by: Anna University, Tamil Nadu.
- TANCET is accepted by several colleges in Tamil Nadu for their MBA programs.
- APICET (Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test):
- Conducted basically by: Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
- APICET is for admission into MBA programs in Andhra Pradesh.
- KMAT (Karnataka Management Aptitude Test):
- Conducted by: Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA)
- KMAT is accepted by more than 169 B-schools across Karnataka.
- OJEE MBA (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination for MBA):
- Conducted basically by: Odisha State Government.
- OJEE MBA is the entrance exam for MBA programs in Odisha.
- UPSEE MBA (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination for MBA):
- Conducted basically by: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh
- UPSEE MBA is for admission to MBA programs in colleges affiliated with AKTU, Lucknow.
Job Profiles in MBA Organization Behaviour
MBA graduates specializing in Organizational Behavior (OB) in India can pursue a variety of job profiles across different industries. Here are some common job profiles and roles that individuals with an MBA in Organizational Behavior can explore in the Indian job market.
1.Human Resources Manager/Director:
HR professionals with a specialization in OB play a critical role in managing the workforce, handling employee relations, designing training programs, and shaping organizational culture.
2.Organizational Development Consultant:
Organizational development consultants work with companies to identify areas for improvement, develop strategies for change, and implement initiatives to enhance organizational effectiveness. They often collaborate with leadership teams to drive positive changes in the workplace.
3.Change Management Consultant:
Change management consultants help organizations navigate transitions, mergers, or restructuring.
4.Training and Development Manager:
These professionals are responsible for designing and delivering training programs to improve employee skills, knowledge, and performance. They assess training needs, create training materials, and measure the effectiveness of training initiatives.
Management analysts, often referred to as management consultants, work on various projects to help organizations improve their operations and efficiency.
6.Researcher or Academic:
Some individuals with an MBA in Organizational Behavior choose to pursue careers in research or academia. They may work as professors, researchers, or educators in academic institutions, contributing to the field’s knowledge and development.
7.Employee Relations Manager:
Employee relations managers focus on maintaining positive relationships between employees and the organization. They address workplace conflicts, mediate disputes, and ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations.
8.Diversity and Inclusion Specialist:
These specialists work to create diverse and inclusive workplaces by developing strategies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within organizations. They may also conduct diversity training and initiatives.
Salary Potential in MBA Organization Behaviour
The salary potential for individuals with an MBA in Organizational Behavior in India can vary significantly based on several factors, including the specific job role, the industry, the level of experience, and the location.
Entry-level positions in HR or Organizational Development might offer an annual salary ranging from INR 3 lakhs to INR 8 lakhs or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
With a few years of experience, mid-level roles such as HR Manager, Talent Development Manager, or Organizational Development Consultant can offer Average Package ranging from INR 8 lakhs to INR 20 lakhs or more.
Experienced professionals, such as HR Directors or Organizational Development Directors, can earn Average Package exceeding INR 20 lakhs and even go well into seven figures, especially in top-tier companies.
Major Recruiters of MBA Organization Behaviour
MBA graduates with a specialization in Organizational Behavior can find employment opportunities in various sectors and industries.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Reliance Industries
- Aditya Birla Group.
- McKinsey & Company
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
3.IT and Technology Companies:
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Apollo Hospitals
5.E-commerce and Retail:
- Tata Motors
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
- Hindustan Unilever
6.Government and Public Sector:
Government agencies, public sector enterprises, and NGOs may hire MBA graduates to work on organizational development and HR initiatives.
7.Education and Academic Institutions:
Some MBA graduates choose to pursue teaching or research roles in universities and academic institutions, imparting knowledge and conducting research in the field of Organizational Behavior.